Here in Connecticut, we are also lucky to have companies that help drive innovation.
One of these companies is Sikorsky Aircraft, a United Technologies company, and its Sikorsky Innovations organization.
Sikorsky Innovations has recently announced the Sikorsky Entrepreneurial Challenge. Visit http://bit.ly/OLxudw for information.
The challenges that Sikorsky is posing are:
- How can your business concept enable safe, high-speed manned and unmanned vehicle operations in complex, obstacle-rich environments?
- How can your business concept utilize vertical flight to better serve or create new markets?
- How can your business concept introduce new approaches to preserve, stabilize or heal damaged systems and structures?
- How can your business concept reduce the cost and time of the design-build-test-qualify process for new complex vehicles?
- How can your business concept realize cost savings and lead-time reductions by using 3-D printing and additive manufacturing to produce or maintain components in vehicles?
- One year free utilization of a predetermined space, anticipated to be able to seat two to four people, within the new Stamford Innovation Center.
- One year of free access to new Stamford Innovation Center — also know as Stamford iCenter — shared business services, mentoring programs and education program and events.
- Participation in a rolling, three-month-long Sikorsky education program, designed to provide both technical and business strategy guidance.
As we continue to innovate our way into the 21st century, I hope other companies and individuals will support and participate in these innovation/entrepreneurial challenges. It is amazing what problems human minds can solve when applied.